Aloe Vera is one of the most frequently used plants in herbal medicine. It is also used in cosmetics and has remarkable soothing, healing and rejuvenating properties. People have been using it for different purposes since the beginning of the first century AD. Even today, aloe is used for numerous cosmetic and medical purposes. Here are some tips about where and how to use aloe.
For Longer and Healthier Hair
- Boost your Hair Growth – Aloe stimulates hair growth even in the areas where the hairs are either very thin or are totally lost. It will increase the hair production as well.
- No More Dry Scalp – Dry scalp is the main reason for brittle, thin and weak hair. Apply and massage aloe on your scalp, this will moisturize your scalp.
- Hair Conditioning – Mix 1/4th cup of aloe gel with ½ lemon and 5 drops of hair oil. Just after shampooing your hair, apply the mixture on the hair and rinse thoroughly after 5 minutes. You will have the beautiful conditioned hair you crave.
For Stronger and Healthier Teeth
Many types of toothpaste already contain aloe. But if your tooth paste doesn’t, after brushing your teeth properly, apply aloe on your toothbrush aptly and brush your teeth again. This will give your teeth the following two benefits:
- It will strengthen your teeth.
- If you suffer from bad breath problems, daily use of aloe will solve the problem.
- Spearmint Mouthwash
Take 2 ounces of vodka and boil it with 6 ounces of water. Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and 4 teaspoons of liquid glycerin. Take it off the burner and wait till it cools down. Then add 15 drops of spearmint oil and mix well together. Your effective spearmint flavored mouthwash is ready, use it daily and enjoy the benefits.
Soft Skin and Shiny Nails
- Freckles – Even though freckles don’t look that bad on many, if you want them to fade out, apply aloe followed by some cocoa butter on the affected area and massage. Do this daily and you will see your freckles fading in few weeks.
- Stretch Marks – Go through the same procedure as above and you your stretch marks will disappear in few days.
- Razor Burn – Aloe has exceptional soothing properties. So next time when you feel the razor burn apply aloe to get the required relief.
- Shiny Nails – Massaging aloe on the nail beds regularly brings the long lost luster back to your nails. So if your nails have gotten brittle and dry, aloe can help you get that shine back.
- Moisturizer – Aloe has remarkable moisturizing properties. People who have dry skin should massage their skin with aloe regularly to keep the skin soft and moisturized.
Aloe Vera can be used to treat and/or prevent a number of skin problems, such as:
- Insect Bites
Apply aloe on the affected areas daily and you will get healed soon.