A food processor is one of the most popular appliances used in the kitchen. Companies that sell food processors, offer their customers different kinds of appliances with a variety of designs and colors. An increase in consumer demand is the main reason behind launching so many variants in a food processor.
How You Can Operate a Food Processor
Since a food processor is designed to meet the needs of consumers through convenience, you can operate it easily. A common food processor has three buttons, i.e. “ON”, “OFF”, and “PULSE”. Below are some instructions on how to use these buttons:
ON – You just have to press this button to start the process of chopping, blending, and processing. It can also be used to beat egg whites. In addition, it helps consumers kneed and slice fruits and vegetables.
OFF – When you are done with food processing, you can switch the machine off by pressing this button.
PULSE – This button is used to process food sporadically. Press it if you want to know how much processing will be required. You need to use a food processor differently if you want to make soup. Just press the PULSE button, and then switch it to its continuous mode. It is the best way to achieve consistency.
An Important Consideration
Some people make common mistakes while using a food processor. For instance, they think that a food processor will work in any situation because it has a reliable mechanism. However, it is important to know that you should lock both the lid and the bowl in the correct position. That is how it will work properly.
How You Can Clean Your Food Processor
It is essential for the durability of any kitchen appliance that you clean it after using it. The following steps will guide you on how to clean your food processor:
- Unplug the appliance before you clean it.
- Clean the accessories of your food processor by using a brush.
- Remove dough blade’s cap to clean it more thoroughly.
- Now, remove the pulp from the juicer basket by using a thin spatula.
- Wipe the motor unit with a damp, soft cloth. Make sure that you do not dip it in water.
- Carrots stain the plastic of the food processor. You can remove these stains by rubbing the plastic with a paper towel along with some drops of vegetable oil.
Also, ensure the safety of your food processor by following the rules mentioned below:
- If you want to clean your food processor with a dishwasher, do it below 40 degrees. It does not need a drying cycle.
- If you want to wash it by hand, then make sure that you do not soak its parts in detergent for a long time.
- While using a detergent, always read the instructions that are given on its label. This will ensure whether a detergent suits plastic items or not.