Women have this strong inclination to apply lipstick right from a very young age. This mostly begins from pre-puberty years watching their mothers, aunts and other female role models wear lipstick on a daily basis. Be it daytime or an evening event, a lipstick completes the look of every woman wearing makeup.
Female lips are often regarded as the main attraction point for males to look and their beauty is enhanced by applying color to the lips. There are a variety of colors available in the form of lipsticks that can range from the classic red to a gothic black.
Learning the proper art of lipstick application can work wonders for you. You don’t have to worry about your color fading away from time to time. By adapting the following tips and tricks, you’ll be able to flaunt your lips at all times instead of checking for fades and dabbing a thin layer of lipstick every now and then.
Tips and Tricks
- Lipstick should be applied last, after you’ve applying makeup. If not applied at the end, there’s a pretty good chance that your lipstick is going to get smeared, leaving you with a messy look. Some women even opt for lipstick application that’s done only a few minutes prior to going out of the house.
- Knowing what color and type of lipstick suits your lips is quite essential as the right shade can make you look even more beautiful, while the wrong shade can make your makeup look like some sort of a freak accident. Pick a color that compliments your skin tone and enhances your facial features.
- Shop for subtle matte shades to wear during the day as they enhance the appearance of your lips along with providing a sober look. Glossy and sleek shades should be saved for the evening to create a glamorous yet elegant look.
- Before applying a lipstick, apply a thin layer of balm or some petroleum jelly, which can provide your lips with the much needed moisture. This will help the lipstick last long and retain your fresh look.
- Using only a single shade and darker liner, draw a line that traces the line below your lips. You should start from the upper lip by tracing it from the centre reaching the corners. Women with slightly larger lips should draw inwards while women with fine and thinner lips should draw the line outwards.It is important to keep a steady hand while tracing the lip line to give it the right shape you wish to give your lips.
- Choose a small brush or a tube to apply the actual color. Remember to apply the lipstick such that it stays within the lip line for a clean and fresh look. If the color deviates from the line, you’ll just end up with a rough look.
- No matter what stage you’re on, keeping a steady hand is always an imperative precaution to avoid an unwanted and smudged look. If you’re left with excess color, blot it out by using an absorbent paper.