In order to maintain optimum weight, it is very important to burn the calories we consume on a daily basis. However, if you are looking forward to shed the excessive pounds off your body, then you must burn more calories than you have consumed in a day. Weight loss is based on metabolism factors and your body will react to how much calories you consume in a day and how much you manage to burn through various activities.
The following are some factors that can help you reduce your daily calorie count.
- Cardiovascular exercise routine is a must at least 4 times every week. You may start off with 20 minutes max and then increase the days and duration of exercise accordingly to burn more calories.
- You can also burn calories by gaining muscle mass. By lifting weights you can burn the excessive calories you have consumed and change them into muscle mass. You can set your weight lifting sessions 2 to 4 times a week and workout for different muscle groups. Make sure you focus on each muscle group every week to tone your overall body.
- Do not torture yourself by setting a lengthy exercise routine once a day. In fact, split your workouts according to your own comfort level. The calorie burning procedure continues after every body workout routine. Give your body multiple chances to operate in that mode.
- Steady exercise routines are more tiring and therefore become discouraging. Get over with these exhausting routines and incorporate short intervals during your workouts. This also helps your muscles and hearts to recover better and work efficiently.
- Add more protein to your diet. The addition of protein helps in muscle building. As a result, your metabolism will boost and burn more calories.
- Never ever skip your breakfast. The rate of metabolism is at its lowest after you wake up in the morning. If you keep your body in the starvation mode for any longer, the metabolism rate will fall even more. So help your metabolism jump-start by eating proper breakfast.
- Eat more and smaller meals in a day. Eating three times in a day with larger and fuller plate will encourage you to consume more calories. Moreover, it will not get enough chance for the metabolism to work. Eating smaller portions and more than three times a day will not only wake your metabolism multiple times, but will also make you feel fuller by the time you will be eating your 4th or 5th meal of the day.
- Drink more and more water. Keeping your body dehydrated will affect the functions of your body that will eventually slow down the metabolism. An individual should at least drink 64 ounces of water every day. In case you are involved in high intensity workouts, drink more water.
Eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Instead of relying on multi-vitamins, rely on fresh food as far as nutrients are concerned. Processed food is a big no-no as it contains lots of sugars and hidden fat. A perfectly balanced diet should ideally comprise of natural, fresh food.