Tending to your skin and complexion at this time is undoubtedly crucial. There are some handful of suggestions.
- Go light on the cosmetics for a while.
- The most valuable thing to remember for beautiful skin is to avoid toxins and remove them from your system. To this end, avoid layering artificial products (oils, creams, foundations, powders, etc.) on your skin.
- Drink lots of purified, filtered water to flush toxins from your system. Be sure to get your beauty sleep and avoid stress. Exercise and meditate to keep your system in tip-top shape.
- Slather on SPF lotion regularly. Be sure to rehydrate your complexion and apply creams made for use overnight. Apply an exfoliant or scrub too rough and thick skin areas, such as elbows and knees.
- Reap the benefits of a body massage with warm oil. If you aren’t up to a day at the spa, ask a household helper to apply a soothing massage.
- Use vitamins with antioxidants to combat free radicals that make you look and feel older.
- Look in your kitchen for items to use in cosmetic treatments. Get the pulp from fruits rich in acid – such as citrus, strawberries or apples – and create a facial mask. This acidic pulp will work to gently slough off dull, dead skin.
- A skin-enriching mask for your complexion can also be made by mashing ripe bananas and liquid or powdered milk.